Thursday, April 18, 1996

Divine Memory

Make your place within this world
     And find your memory warehouse
Mine is in the ocean in the crashing waves and gentle breezes
     Misty, non-habitual, falling trees
Jack and Jill of unfortunate device ...

STOP CHASING ME
     First with your fist - then your presence
And your voice - so sad
     I am not guilty of this, either ...
Don't put the blame where it is not welcome.

Cry your eyes out
     And then maybe you can see the truth
I have been too battered to forgive for the moment
     Too scared to ever forget
Let me get on with my HAUNTINGS ...

Spells - MAGIC - my life - my soul
     Enriched with the golden blood of older times
My ancient wisdom tries to grasp not striking DOWN
     That which I can so easily destroy
Mercy of one who could crush is hard-pressed to annihilate ...

My ghost-like presence will not give you fear
     Because you will drown in your own sorrow soon enough
My efforts need not be used.
     So when the night whispers your name - be afraid ...
Be VERY AFRAID ...

And when ceaseless wind howls and roars in your hollow, ringing ears ...
     Cry for what you have lost -
For you have lost so very much.

Mdawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please critique my poetry; I am not bashful. Thanks for your feedback! Melissa ;-)