Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MY Beauty

My beauty is for myself ...
            I cannot give it away
            Nor can it be contained
                        or caged in any way

My beauty is unbidden
            I do not bring it to the surface or into the light
            It wells up like a tear in a well-controlled eye.

My beauty is possessive
            It wraps and twists around every
                        little
                                    inch of you
            It does not let go - and entraps the most fortified wills.

My beauty suffers
            But only by the hands of others.
                        who warp and miss the simplest
                                    the simplest
            Of dreams, until they are just floating
                        like dandelion bits in the wind.

My beauty outshines
            That of all those around me
                        until tormented, they hate
                                    And abuse, and slither away. 
                        It seems they can not take the contest
                                    with the grain of salt through which
                                                they see the rest of the world.

My beauty captivates
            the animal - whether human or other creature,
                        male or female,
                                    of lesser or greater mind.
                        It spars with their senses
                                    until they give way
                                                to the rapture that follows
                                    Unity.

My beauty does not allow me
            to see through rose-colored glasses
                        or taste the bitterness all around me.
                                    It allows no censure of the sounds permeating
            the soft atmosphere that tactile exploration affords me.
                        Regardless of the dirt existing in every crevice,
                                    my beauty allows no clutter of the mind,
                        because though there be thorns,
                                    the roses that I forge smell quite lovely.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please critique my poetry; I am not bashful. Thanks for your feedback! Melissa ;-)