Wednesday, May 14, 1997

;-P

Tantalizing trinkets of affection tempt my thoughts
     Penetrating and inserting little monsters of hope
Tear it away, shield no more
     My desire overwhelms and suffocates

Elm trees by day
     Rugged oaks by night
Spring enhancing foolish delight
     In the release of winter's maddening embrace

Stop to stare at intense eyes
     Do you wonder where the safety ends?
Dropping my cloak on a shore at midnight
     I stand nude amongst the swirling mysteries of the sea and its dance with the wind

Only then do I drop all pretense
     and stare ...
When I am oblivious to fear and pain is unfathomable
     can I stare back ...

Stare at me and see a mirror image of yourself
     Reflections of raging passions and darkened dreams
Tainted with mountainous expectations
     And colored with the pure blue-grey of stone walls

Kissed by the wind, with lavender in my hair
     Lying on soft moss that caresses my back
Only then ...
    Can I Dream, and Surrender, and Stare Back at Truth. 

Mdawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please critique my poetry; I am not bashful. Thanks for your feedback! Melissa ;-)