Monday, April 22, 2013

Give Me Your Sleeve


You think I'm too dreary
            Wanting things to be just right?
Trees sigh as I walk by
            The leaves waving in reply
My eyes are full of insight
            The starlight shines so very bright
Moonrise over poppy fields
            The sun flowers in the dawn - flowers in her hair

Get so high on ideas and emotions

I think I can fly off your roof
            Will you catch me if I fall and love me when I cry?
I need you       join my soul
            Teardrops in the rain
                        in a purple sky
And grey enfolds me              Then I wonder why
            Rainy days intrigue me
Maybe the tears burn my eyes
            Mingle with the night
Blue-black river of hope
            Indecisive at the turns
and then
            rushing up the bank

Wanders aimlessly

                                    ANSWER ME

Need an answer
            for forever

Occurrences of the past
            startle my creativity

Blanket of Fear

                Please                      go away

But I got to wipe my eyes
           
       ON WHAT?

                                give me your sleeve.


Mdawn (circa 1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please critique my poetry; I am not bashful. Thanks for your feedback! Melissa ;-)